AnsweredAssumed Answered

N00B question: I have a cylindrical assembly that I need to cut in half horizontally into two pieces (top and bottom) that can be edited separately.  I will need to recombine them later with some sort of lip and groove to attach the two pieces together. 

Question asked by Spencer Mauro on Feb 22, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 by Anton Miller

Way too much in the title I guess.  I have a cylindrical assembly that I need to eventually mold.  I got most of the external work completed and now need to work on the interior of the cylindrical shell.  I would like to cut the assembly into two pieces (top and bottom) so I can add ribs, supports, mounting area for switch, etc., and then recombine later for a finished piece.  I've tried various help searches and youtube searches, but none give me what I need.  Of course, I am so new to this software, I may not even be asking the right questions.  To start, how do I cut an assembly in half along its horizontal axis and save both pieces as separate files?  I'm sure I'll need help with lip and groove later, but for right now, I am just stuck. 

Thank you

Outcomes