2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 7:20 AM by Mark Sanders

Solidworks windows Slow to restore from taskbar - Tips please

Mark Sanders

For most windows applications to restoring minimized windows from the taskbar you simply click on the window and it restores to maximum (in use) size.

In SolidWorks restoring has always been S L O W  ... it seems to need the small window to refresh before it restores to maximum.

I used to get used to hovering the mouse, as below, as window rebuilds and then clicking  to restore.

But recently its got worse -  maybe due to a faster dell 5510 laptop ?  Same on swks 2004 & 15/ on win 7 or 8 (64bit)

ANY TIPS to fix this ??? ...

I'm sure there must be a simple, maybe windows fix - but I'm darned if I can find it :-)

expand from task bar.jpg

Thanks in anticipation :-)   ... i'm sure its a durrrrrrr moment :-)

• Re: Solidworks windows Slow to restore from taskbar - Tips please
          Alex Jones

I have assumed this is a graphics issue. I have a K2000 card and get this. Sometimes I have to take the mouse on and off a couple of times to get the screen to switch. It feels like MS changed the graphics from win8 onward and SW have not yet got it working properly (only 3 years...). I am currently downloading a new graphics driver every other week.  Will be upgrading to win10 once SW2016 is stable to use... maybe that will cure all issues

• Re: Solidworks windows Slow to restore from taskbar - Tips please
              Mark Sanders

Thanks for your reply Alex   - So,  I'm not crazy :-)

It seems to be a 'windows vs solidworks' issue -  I've had  it on multiple PC's, OS' and SWKS versions.

The only TIP I can offer myself is make sure each solidworks window is rebuilt before minimising the whole solidworks window.

Also use 'show desktop' (tag on RH end of task bar, bottom RH corner of windows7) WITH CARE as it also can minimise the whole solidworks window.

Any more tips to avoid this irritant ?