17 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2007 3:26 PM by Charles Culp

Customize macro buttons

Tom Fosler
      Hi, I have a custom macro button with the default image on it. I would like to take one of the Solidworks buttons as a template and modify it to suit the image I desire. It doesn't seem that SW keeps these buttons as bitmaps like AutoCAD. Is there a way to access these button images and save them as bitmaps?

Edit: If you go to help, you can copy button images and then paste them into an editor, like Windows Paint. Not quite what I was looking for, but usable. Any suggestions?
        • Customize macro buttons
          Charles Culp
          I just use the print screen button, then paste into paint:

You can see the 6th and 10th ones are modifications from regularSolidworks icons.

The printscreen button is normally right above either Insert orNumlock, depending on the keyboard.  It will capture thescreen to the clipboard, so you can paste it as appropriate.
              Tom Fosler
              Yeah, that's a no-brainer! It's always the easy solutions that escape us, isn't it? Good 1!
                  Tom Fosler
                  (I could have edited my last post, but wanted to make this separate.)

I tried "jimmying" the background to match the toolbars to no avail. I found in the Window Paint help that the command Image>Draw Opaque should be UNCHECKED to make the background transparent. Don't try to make the background gray; leave it white and it will default to the toolbar's color. Or, create a custom color and set it as your background (right click in the color palette to select the background color) and that will be the transparent color. If you want to mimic the toolbar gray, go to Colors>Edit Colors and make a default color, with an R/G/B of 212/208/200. This may be helpful if you have buttons with white in them (or make a custom off-white of your own). Anyway, just some extra tips that I had to work through!!

Thanks Charles!!
                  Jason Capriotti
                  Here Chares, what do your different macros do? Just curious from the icon pics.
                    Eddie Cyganik
                    Okay Charles,

I've tried quite a few methods to capture & paste an image directly to a reply but I haven't had any success.

How did you do that?