1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 3:29 AM by Jens Rief

How to mate connectors properly before or after routing

Jens Rief

Hi,

I am new to the electrical routing tool, which I am starting to find more and more frustrating. Anyway, here's my questions:

I have made to different connectors with their Cpoints, and now I want to add them both into an assembly, mate them into their correct places, and then route an electric cable between them.

First I tried to pre-make mating types when establishing that the parts were connectors in the routing library manager, but whatever mates I made here, they wouldn't mate the way I want them to.

Then I tried to mate the parts in the assembly after I inserted them from the routing library, but whatever I try it doesn't work unless I make them into two different harness assemblies. And as far as I have seen it's not possible to route between two harness groups for some reason... (or is it?).

To clearify, this is what I want: Insert two different connectors into different places with different mates into an assembly. Then route between them.

I want to use a cable with a thickness of 13.5, is this even possible?

I hope someone can help me.

• Re: How to mate connectors properly before or after routing
          Jens Rief

1. The problem disappeared when I made a new assembly were all the parts needed for routing were already assembled, and then import this assembly into the new one. That is, when routing I start a new assembly with just one inserted assembly, and then all the harness assemblies.

2. I solved this problem too by using the routing library manager and making my own wire.

If you're new to routing, like I am, be prepared to use some time getting used to this modulus.