AnsweredAssumed Answered

Logging into View on PDM Standard 2016

Question asked by Ingrid Michelson on Feb 17, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 by Ingrid Michelson

Hello,

first post here, but I guess I'm seriously stuck. I have been trying to implement PDM Standard 2016 on our server and I have hit a roadblock. Everything goes well until I try to open the View I just created from Explorer at which point I get the following error message:

hatter.jpg

Logging into PDM Administration and checking the log it displays the following error message:

Description:

Error running query in SpDbOdbc

State=37000

Msg=[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.SPLI_VCSub2'.

========= LAST COMMAND ========

Exec SPLI_LoginUser N'[username]',0,0,10000,0,0

Server: WIN-G6UP6V1IANR\SWPDM

Database: SWPDM_[database]

Date: 2016-02-17 13:15:24

Module: Explorer.EXE

Function: hGetErrCode

Error code: E_EDM_DATABASE_ACCESS

Error code general description:

Could not access the item in the database.

Trying to solve this problem, I installed SQL Server Management Studio and the database does seem to contain the stored procedure in question. Running a trace with SQL server profiler does not show anything exciting. It shows two instances of "Exec SPLI_LoginUser N'[username]',0,0,10000,0,0" and then "Audit logout".

It might be relevant that entering a wrong password prompts a different error message, so it appears to work at least until the authentication bit.

I have tried reinstalling (PDM and the operating system), running on different machines but it's all the same.

setup:

• Windows Server 2012 R2 all updates installed
  • Celeron E3400 (2 cores, 2.6 GHz)
  • 3 GB RAM

Best regards,

Ingrid

Outcomes