2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 8:30 AM by Ingrid Michelson

Logging into View on PDM Standard 2016

Ingrid Michelson

Hello,

first post here, but I guess I'm seriously stuck. I have been trying to implement PDM Standard 2016 on our server and I have hit a roadblock. Everything goes well until I try to open the View I just created from Explorer at which point I get the following error message:

hatter.jpg

Logging into PDM Administration and checking the log it displays the following error message:

Description:

Error running query in SpDbOdbc

State=37000

Msg=[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.SPLI_VCSub2'.

========= LAST COMMAND ========

Exec SPLI_LoginUser N'[username]',0,0,10000,0,0

Server: WIN-G6UP6V1IANR\SWPDM

Database: SWPDM_[database]

Date: 2016-02-17 13:15:24

Module: Explorer.EXE

Function: hGetErrCode

Error code: E_EDM_DATABASE_ACCESS

Error code general description:

Could not access the item in the database.

Trying to solve this problem, I installed SQL Server Management Studio and the database does seem to contain the stored procedure in question. Running a trace with SQL server profiler does not show anything exciting. It shows two instances of "Exec SPLI_LoginUser N'[username]',0,0,10000,0,0" and then "Audit logout".

It might be relevant that entering a wrong password prompts a different error message, so it appears to work at least until the authentication bit.

I have tried reinstalling (PDM and the operating system), running on different machines but it's all the same.

setup:

• Windows Server 2012 R2 all updates installed
      • Celeron E3400 (2 cores, 2.6 GHz)
      • 3 GB RAM

Best regards,

Ingrid