3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 8:24 AM by Kevin Chandler

Centering Geometric Tolerance in Hole Table

K. Liu

I put the gtol into a cell in the hole table.  I centered it, but when I click out of the cell, the gtol moves into an arbitrary position.

How do I get it to look more like this, while still being linked to the cell:

Thanks.

• Re: Centering Geometric Tolerance in Hole Table
          Kevin Chandler

Hello,

How are you linking the GD&T to the cell?

I'm on SW2015 and when I'm in the cell, GD&T is grayed out.

I copied a separately created frame, but paste within the cell doesn't work for me?

For me, the hole table doesn't permit adding frames, so the frames float atop the hole table's cell (custom column).

Cheers,

Kevin

K. Liu

First, I created a gtol out of the table, just floating in space.  Then, I added a column to the hole table.  I click inside a cell in the new column then I click on the gtol.

Kevin Chandler

Hello,

My frames stay vertically centered, but shift to the right of center even though the cell is formatted to center.

Left justified does force the frame to the left, but for some reason, center doesn't work.

So al I can suggest is to add some spaces after the frame and these will "push" the frame until it's centered.

Since your frames are the same width, once you've figured out how many spaces are required for the column width, you can copy & paste them for the other cells.

Also, (you may already know this) the cell's frame is linked to the original frame, so you must hide the original.

If you delete it, the cell frame disappears as well.

Cheers,

Kevin