2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 1:19 PM by Ed Cyganik

What is the Drafting Standards File Location for?

Alex Lichon

What should be stored in the location of the Drafting Standards File Location? It seems to me to be redundant since document standards are saved with the document templates under the Document Templates File Location.

• Re: What is the Drafting Standards File Location for?
          Mike Pogue

You can open up any document and load a saved drafting standard, which will overwrite all of you document settings for font, dimension style, lineweights, etc. This will not be tied to the drafting standards file, but is a one-time operation.

• Re: What is the Drafting Standards File Location for?
            Ed Cyganik

According to SW Help 2013, there isn't a file location for Drafting Standards.

What I did was to start with a base standard, in our case, ANSI, from the drop down list.

Then all settings in "Document Properties" were adjusted to meet company standards.

Once completed, save with meaningful name: NBC-ANSI_12Txt.sldstd in a network directory.

Using File Locations, point to the directory.

Lastly, call up all necessary templates, and save with appropriate standard activated.

I have two for drawings; one with .12in text and another with .09in text,

...another for models (parts & assemblies) with .16in text.