5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 4:44 PM by Jason Edelman

solidworks error

JP Rose

I have 2012 solidworks and recently upgraded to 2016. The problem I have is when opening an assembly in 2016 I get mate errors, the yellow triangle one. I havent saved and open it in 2012 and it opens without those errors. Note: I do have a revision version and approved version of the assembly that is under admin and cannot be changed without loging in as admin. The one im using is in revison where I can change accordingly but the parts it refrences from are in approved too. Is the conflict with parts in approved that are not updated to 2016? I noticed if i delete a few mates randomly all errors are gone but randomly re appear if I add new mates. Also im having a problem with annotate, I add a text and size it to font size 8 then balloon it 2 characters and the text remains at the lower part of the balloon, how can I center the text. Note I dont want to balloon it while in the text I want to confirm text click on it without highlighting text and balloon around it as a whole. Any feed back would help alot thanks.

• Re: solidworks error
          Glenn Schroeder

Welcome to the forum.  Some of your issues may just be a result of jumping 4 versions, in which case I wouldn't expect them to show up in new files started with SW2016.  With your Assembly errors, have you tried a Ctrl+Q rebuild?  That will sometimes fix problems.

JP Rose

Thanks for your response. Yes i tried that method and still the errors occurred. I deleted mates to void the errors and it seemed to bandage it only to result in the same issue when adding a new mate. I seems to be touchy, a few mates will allow change and some will flake out, also when this happens and I undo what I just mated the errors remain on other mates my initial change effected.

Jason Edelman

is more than one part (f) fixed?

sorry, I do not fully understand you annotate question, I always highlight before adding a border around a note.

JP Rose

Yes there were two. A group of zip ties that just needed to be placed for BOM and a instruction sheet for relevance to the BOM as well. I floated both and it worked temporarily until I opened the drawing and clicked through the configurations on each page and now I got red errors in configurations. I will proceed to suppress the red and re-mate since this seems to work the most effectively so far. Thanks!

As for the balloons in annotations I add for instance A1 (for revision "A" change "1") then click out of the text so its not highlighted black in result makes the text remain 8pt and balloon 2characters. Way #2 increases both to fit balloon but overall stays slightly smaller than if you were to do just the balloon itself. My company standardized this in our drawings to keep Constancy between drawings so i have to do it in steps "way 1" explains. 2012 solidworks would center the text in the balloon but 2016 its in the lower part as shown.2 DIFF WAYS.JPG

Jason Edelman

Ok, I poked around and played with the 'notes' options...and turned up nothing.

But as I changed my setting back... I re-inputed the font size as a decimal (where when I changed the font size to '8' it would not center) the sample notes with circle borders were then centered...

I assume your using points, try using decimal for font size...

Best, Jason