In one case, the cause of similar symptoms was found to be older versions of resource files 'tbb.dll' and 'tbbmalloc.dll' present on the system. This specific case is characterized by entries similar to the following appearing in the SOLIDWORKS Journal File (swxJRNL.swj):
'The stack trace for this error is:
'Build: d140929.002.EH sw2015_SP0
Please try the following on the affected system:
1) Close all sessions of SOLIDWORKS
2) In Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Windows\System32 and locate the two files: 'tbb.dll' and 'tbbmalloc.dll'
3) Rename BOTH of these files (e.g. 'tbb-old.dll')
4) Browse to the binCFW folder within the Flow installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation\binCFW)
5) Copy both tbb and tbbmalloc files from this folder and paste them into C:\Windows\System32
6) Reboot the system and test to see if the issue has been resolved
(steps above are from KB Solution S-067291).
It could also be due to non-certified graphics card/driver. Please see Graphics Card Drivers | SOLIDWORKS.