9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 4:01 PM by Prasad Bhonsule

$PRPSHEET in EPDM imported files

Chok Hei Fung

I wanted to map Revision and Part Number of the model into its respective drawing EPDM variable, such that the Revision set in Part / Assy model shows up in both Part / Assy / Drawing EPDM card. I've set Variable "Revision" to block "$PRPSHEET" and Attribute "Revision" to slddrw, and Block "CustomProperty" Revision in all Solidworks files.

It should read into attributes "Revision" in sldprt and sldasm and write it as "Revision" in slddrw files.

It works for newly created files with templates but doesn't work on imported files. I've tried Update the slddrw files but it doesn't help. Any idea? Thanks!

I've set revision variable as followed (And similarly in Variable "Number" to PartNo in part/assy model)

• Re: $PRPSHEET in EPDM imported files
          Prasad Bhonsule

Hi Chok, the functionality that EPDM has to propagate properties from Part/Assy into respective drawing properties only works if you have the part or assembly open in SolidWorks, with the EnterprisePDM addin turned on, and then save the part or assembly in the vault.

If you simply put parts and assemblies along with their drawings into the vault, the part's and assemblies' revisions will not be copied across to the drawing data cards.

You will have to open each part and assembly in SolidWorks and save it into the vault (have the drawings checked out as well) and then the revision will be copied across.

You could use the Task Scheduler to do this if there is a lot of legacy data.

Kind regards,

Prasad

Chok Hei Fung

Thank you. I also just read that in the Solidwork help page as well.

Do you mean I have to open an assembly outside of PDM Vault and "Save as Copy" into the vault?

As for files already copied into Vault and is at Private state, I have tried to use open both Drawing file and its respective part / assembly file and then save and exit, also using 'Update' with scheduler to update a batch and nothing changed.

Prasad Bhonsule

Hi Chok, no you don't have to a Save as copy. What you can do:

1. Copy your assemblies into the vault along with parts, drawings etc

2. Open in SolidWorks from the vault

3. Make sure the SolidWorks EPDM add-in is turned on

4. Click Save, and when you check the files in, you should see the properties being propagated on to the drawing data card as well.

As for the task scheduler, try using the Convert Files task. That should open the files and save them. But try it on a few files first, to make sure it works correctly.

Kind regards,

Prasad