6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2008 9:35 AM by Jorn Bjarning

ctrl-tab

Mark Koenig
      In 2007 I used ctrl-tab all the time to cycle through thewindows.With 2008 every time I use it SW freezes for about 5-20seconds and then cycles. Why does it do this and how can I make itstop? Did they change the functionality somehow and now I'm usingit wrong?Thanks,Mark
        • ctrl-tab
          Matt Lombard
          Well, yes, they changed the functionality, but the 5-20 second hang wasn't what they added. They added a window showing thumbnails of all the open docs. Are you holding the ctrl-tab keys or just hit and release? I've noticed it hesitate slightly, but never that long. You may have a system or installation problem.
          • ctrl-tab
            Wayne Tiffany
            I don't know what's causing your delay, but the added functionality is that when you press Ctrl-Tab, you should now see a graphic box pop up that shows you a nice bitmap of each of the open files. By holding the Ctrl key, and repeatedly hitting the Tab key, you can scroll through them.

WT
            • ctrl-tab
              John Nemeth
              Ctrl-Tab is working instantenously for us here.
              I used to have this 15-20 sec delay with other functions in SW 2008 (by activating the menu bar etc) and the only thing which helped me was a full 'clean' installation. And just to make sure don't forget to temporary disable your virus scanner - although I am not convinced Norton would cause any problem. McAffee probably would.
              Janos
                • ctrl-tab
                  Ctrl-Tab in my version of XP 64Bit just hangs alot. Its got to the point where it just crashes Solidwork. In Larger assemblies I have to use the window drop down list instead because it will hang the computer. I also found that turning off AVG anti virus increased the speed of the ctrl-tab option. Go Figure not sure why. I definatly like functionality but for the sake of speed I am not so sure, 07 ctrl tab was sooo much faster. Hopefully they fix it or I might have to make my own API to resolve the issue
                • ctrl-tab
                  Jorn Bjarning

Mark Koenig wrote:

In 2007 I used ctrl-tab all the time to cycle through the
                  windows.With 2008 every time I use it SW freezes for about 5-20
                  seconds and then cycles. Why does it do this and how can I make it
                  stop? Did they change the functionality somehow and now I'm using
                  it wrong?Thanks,Mark

Mark,

Did you solve the problem? I experinced the same thing. Windows completely froze when using ctrl-tab. I used a SW certified graphic driver - but not the latest version. Updating the graphic driver to the latest SW certifed driver solved the problem for me.