I came across this issue about an hour ago.
I think I found a temporary patch by deactivating the "Solidworks forum" add-in.
(at least I haven't seen the error since switching it off)
If anyone has an actual solution, it would be nice to hear from you.
Yes,,, it does seem to have something to do with the "Solidworks forum" add-in.
Very interesting.. I just started up my SW and got the same message twice in a row. Seems like you can select "No" without any issues. Seems like something like this pops up every six months or so then goes away.
Me too just a moment ago i had the same problem.So I think it is related to solidworks web pages changes or updates.Mine was a null length parameter which has nothing to do with my solidwoks api application.
I get the same error in 2016.
We have multiple users who are seeing this problem, just started about 11:30am EST or so. Just noticed that our Solidworks SolidNet License Server is also not responding, may not be related, going to check the server.
Please disregard License Server note, it was localized. Script error however is occurring to a number of (or all) users..
Looks like it might have to do with Internet Explorer, take a look at this kb article:
Try opening swresources.html from <SW install folder>\SolidWorks\data\taskpane\solidworks resources. If the content is not populated, try refreshing the page or press F5 on the keyboard. Choose "Allow blocked content" if prompted and the page should populate. Leave the html page open and try to start SolidWorks to see if the issue persists.
Hope that helps,
Retrieving data ...