5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 12:57 PM by Jim Wilkinson

axis icon moving from flyout

Jim Steinmeyer

Yesterday I noticed that the axis icon is disappearing from my reference geometry flyout toolbar. I have reinserted it twice today, and each time I change to a new model (file) it is gone again. I can place it in my normal toolbar and it stays, but not in the flyout one. Any ideas what may be causing this? Using 2015 x64 Premium SP5

Thank you

axis.png axis2.png axis3.png

• Re: axis icon moving from flyout
          Jim Wilkinson

Hi Jim,

How are you customizing the flyout? That is a flyout based on a regular toolbar (a "Toolbar Associated Flyout" as documented here: Technical Tip: Flyout Tool Buttons). So, to customize it, you must show the reference geometry toolbar, add the axis there, and then you can hide the reference geometry toolbar. Are you saying you do that and it is added to the reference geometry toolbar but then later disappears from the reference geometry toolbar? If so, maybe you can leave the reference geometry toolbar visible for a while to see when exactly it disappears. This isn't a known problem and the axis command is on the reference geometry toolbar by default so this is very strange behavior.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Steinmeyer

Jim,

Thank you for the rapid reply. No, I am actually just using the default flyout and the icon just disappeared on me. I have attempted to customize it to add the icon back and that is when it disappears when I change models. How do I keep the flyout open to observe when the icon goes?

Jim Wilkinson

Hi Jim,

You can't customize the flyout directly. That is something we'd like to add support for in the future, but it can't be done now. So, you may have thought you were adding it, but probably weren't. So, make the Reference Geometry toolbar visible through the right mouse button on any toolbar area, through View, Toolbars, or through Tools, Customize, Toolbars tab. Then once it is visible, add the axis icon to it in the location you want (it defaults to the 2nd position between plane and coordinate system). Then hide the Reference Geometry toolbar. Post back whether that works OK or not.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Steinmeyer

Jim,

And now when I open a model and display the flyout........ the axis icon is there. I didn't re add it or anything, it just appeared this time. If I didn't have the screen shots above I would question if my memory was failing. If this happens again would SW RX be likely to capture the issue so I could send it to you? The procedure you suggested in your last post is how I have been attempting to replace it so maybe it did work for me, I will let you know if I see this again.

Thank you for your assistance.

Jim