2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2016 8:54 AM by Kevin Chandler

Flat Parts and Assemblies BOM with File Location Column  Possible?

Jesse Vanderhoff

I'd like to create a particular BOM for organizing parts of a particular folder location and identical names. In doing this I've hit a snag on the following two points.

1.     Create a bill of materials with parts and assemblies flat within it (similar to what you would see with a Parts only BOM Type but including assemblies as well). I only see BOM Types for Top-level only, Parts only and Indented. (Indented would not work as identical file names would not appear directly beneath each other)

2.     I would also like to include the File Location (what you would see by clicking File->Find References) as a column.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all.

• Re: Flat Parts and Assemblies BOM with File Location Column  Possible?
          Justin Borns

What you are asking should be possible.

From this form post:

INCLUDE FILE PATH IN DRAWINGS

To view your sheet metal parts in its flat form in the assembly right click on the part in the parts list then in the menu select the view configurations and changed the view configuration from default to default flat view.

It may be possible to alter the following script code to select the folder and file names from other part documents either in the BOM or as a note that could be placed in your BOM:

$PRPSHEET:"SW-Folder Name(Folder Name)"$PRPSHEET:"SW-File Name(File Name)"

based on information from this form post:

INCLUDE FILE PATH IN DRAWINGS

• Re: Flat Parts and Assemblies BOM with File Location Column  Possible?
            Kevin Chandler

Hello,

If an Indented BOM works for you, then you can sort the BOM on the file name column to locate identical names adjacent.

Be sure to let the BOM renumber.

To use the above properties in the BOM, you must first add each as a custom property in every part and assembly file before you can use them in a BOM.

Then add custom property BOM columns and sort by the file name column.

Remember, by default, headings for custom property BOM columns are the property names, so add spaces and capitalization in their names first.

Cheers,

Kevin

Edit:

If you require the path and file name to be one BOM column (aka one property), then try this:

1) Create a custom property that's both path and file name (as posted by Mr. Borns).

2) Create another custom property that's just the file name.

3) Add both properties as two BOM Custom Property columns.

4) Sort by the file name only column (save the sort) and then hide this column,