1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 9:31 AM by Gary Puetz

Cannon Roll Printing Nesting on IPF780

Gary Puetz

We are having trouble getting our new Cannon IPF780 large format printer to do nesting while plotting from a roll.  We are using 36" wide paper and cant seem to figure out how to print 2 c-size drawings nested so we have no paper waste.  I have the latest drive from cannon and also install the Extra Kit from them too.  Cannon speaks of a Freelayout option once the kit is installed but i simply dont see it in the Layout tab.  Anyone else doing this nesting like we want to?  Thank you!

• Re: Cannon Roll Printing Nesting on IPF780
          Gary Puetz

i have figured this out.  in order to get freelayout to show under the layout tab the print driver software must be installed locally on the pc.  You simply cannt go and connect to a print server and use the printer thats shared.  Do the ip settings at the printer first then do the install on the local pc.  the software will find the ip addressed printer on your network.  if this dosnt work then look for a download kit named "Extra Kit"....i dont think you will need it bit it is a good backup info.  Good luck