4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 3:59 PM by Glenn Schroeder

new plan normal view is not same as original ?

Muhammad Ayub

Hello everyone,

just want to know why its happen to me when i select axis and default plan to create a new reference plan but the new created plan normal view orientation is not same as default plan. what is correct way to do this.

thank you so much...

origenal plan.png

orientataion not same.png

• Re: new plan normal view is not same as original ?
          Muhammad Ayub

Hello! is there anybody on this forum ??

Glenn Schroeder

If you're referring to the Plane's name being perpendicular to the others, I don't know why it's like that.  The only thing I can figure out is that it's placed parallel to the axis.  As you can see below, I created another plane using a sketched line that's perpendicular to your axis, and it's name is oriented like the others.  Is that what you meant?  If it is, why does it matter?  And it that isn't what you're referring to, can you please explain further?

Muhammad Ayub

ya sure there must be several way to create a plans but the way i did, it's some time work fine but most of the time it's rotate the name of plan.

and as i'm beginners having some difficulties to understand where i doing an mistake.

i just picked two plan, front and right and created an axis then selecting axis and right plan to create a new plan on rotation 12.5deg. i found it's very easy way.

by the way your plan is rotated as mine ?

Glenn Schroeder

Muhammad Ayub wrote:

ya sure there must be several way to create a plans but the way i did, it's some time work fine but most of the time it's rotate the name of plan.

and as i'm beginners having some difficulties to understand where i doing an mistake.

i just picked two plan, front and right and created an axis then selecting axis and right plan to create a new plan on rotation 12.5deg. i found it's very easy way.

by the way your plan is rotated as mine ?

I don't know that you're making a mistake.  I can't see how the orientation of the plane's name can possibly matter.  I'd recommend you ignore it and move on.