Jody Stiles

Custom Properties and Equations for use in BOM Tables

Discussion created by Jody Stiles on Oct 18, 2007
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2008 by Eddie Cyganik
We use a set of custom properties in our parts and assemblies(TitleLineOne, TitleLineTwo, and PartNumber).  I would like touse these values in the BOM table but am having trouble writing anequation in the part/assembly to set my custom properties equal tothe SW pre-defined properties (Description and Part Number,respectively).  I found a post in the forums indicating that Ishould use Description = $PRP:"Property1"$PRP:"property2" (mine is Description =$PRP:"TitleLineOne" $PRP:"TitleLineTwo") but I get a "The syntax of this equation isincorrect" pop-up.  I've tried Description =$PRP:"TitleLineOne" + $PRP:"TitleLineTwo"but still get the syntax error.  The only way I have been ableto get past the syntax error is to use Description ="TitleLineOne" + "TitleLineTwo" but doingthis gives me the red exclamation point and returns a value of"???" in the model tree.

Can someone point out what I am doing wrong?

I would also like to know the syntax to generate the SW pre-definedPart Number value for use in the BOM table (something like PartNumber = ...)

Thanks in advance for any help

Outcomes