AquaBlue International designs, engineers, and manufactures a full range of waterslides and water play equipment for the aquatics industry and has quickly become “America’s fastest growing waterslide company.”
At AquaBlue, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a business casual dress code, collaborative, open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.
POSITION: Drafter/ Designer, SolidWorks
REPORTS TO: Lead Design Engineer
PURPOSE: The “Drafter/ Designer” provides engineering drafting/detailing support to the Design Engineer Team
LOCATION: Cornelius, NC
- Make final drawings of 3D design, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicate with engineering manager about design issues.
- Convert SolidWorks models and assemblies to 2D drawings and produce drawings for production packets
- Release drawing packets for production review and release
- Learn to create solid models and assemblies based on existing designs, sketches and instruction.
- Control revisions on existing prints and redesigns on existing products.
- Assist with ECO changes required to standard drawings.
- Provide detailed installation assembly prints with BOM’s for Fabrication and installation use.
- Ensure all drawing files are saved and placed in proper locations to enable all employees with Solid Works clearance to be able to access prints.
- To provide support as needed to the Engineering Team in choices of structural, mechanical and drawing aspects of project designs.
- Follow standards for all aspects of drawing as far as tolerance, layer control, title blocks, and drawing aspects of project designs.
- Checks work for accuracy and completeness.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 year college degree required or SolidWorks training certificate.
- 2-5 years of engineering drafting experience – primary focus on structural steel drafting and detailing.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and 3D modelling
- Proficient in EPDM
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to the Charlotte, NC area.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player and self-starter and requires minimal supervision
- Must be DETAIL-ORIENTED
- Ability to work in a team or matrix environment is required.
- Proactive, result oriented.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Good time management, organization and priority defining skills.
- Good ability to listen, communicate (written or oral) and collaborate.
Applications will continue to be accepted until two positions are filled.
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with “Drafter / Designer, SolidWorks” in the subject line and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are encouraged to provide a portfolio of past drafting work along with their application.