I was wondering it is possible to make something like a configuration choose menu in SolidWorks.
I have created a assembly which has some configurations, but this assembly consists of other smaller assemblies and parts that also have their own configurations.
For example (to make it a bit more clear) my end assembly contains 2 configurations:
- An assembly of a large box with 2 doors (1 on the front and 1 on the back)
- And an assembly of the same box but than smaller also with 2 doors (1 on the front and 1 on the back) (suppresed when the other configuration is chosen)
These assemblies contains also configurations:
The assembly of the large box with 2 doors (1 on the front and 1 on the back) has 2 configurations:
- The door can open inside
- The door can open outside
The door in this assembly is a part and also contains configurations:
- The door contains a round hole in it
- The door contains a square hole in it
In the final assembly i want to open a menu where the user of the product is able to assemble his own product by choosing the right configurations.
Is there a way to combine all these configurations into 1 menu in the final assembly, I know it maybe could be done with a design table in MS Excel, but I prefer another method?
Thanks in advance!