1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 5:29 AM by Ameya Wadekar

Von Mises result analysis help

Phill Zaza

Hello i have make 2 von Mises tress analisis

First picture:full structure

Second picture:one i remouved 2 main T profile bar

thrid picture: Original struture

on the second picture the plate disepear

the yield stress point at 195000000 went on green mark on the second one (the weak one)

How can i "validate" the struture , is the von mise Max (on the scale) have to be my yield strenght

also, is that normal that my T profile ,when meshed went round, and not present on the result

I have try with other imported T profile, everything was looking normal

Why it is writen Default as machined

any good site to found more info on analisys

i did write Von Mises analysis because it was the default one

any other analysis is good to have a look for this kind of struture

yes a lot a question, i am starting...

thank you in advance

Picture 1

thank you1.jpg

picture 2

2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

• Re: Von Mises result analysis help
          Ameya Wadekar

Phill Zaza wrote:

Hi Phill, I am no expert but will give it a shot to answer your questions.

on the second picture the plate disepear

the yield stress point at 195000000 went on green mark on the second one (the weak one)

How can i "validate" the struture , is the von mise Max (on the scale) have to be my yield strenght

From your Picture 1 the maximum Von Mises stress in the structure is 258194960 N/m^2 while the Yield Strength is 195 000 000. So basically the arrow is pointing to the material yield strength, So you must check where this max stress is occuring in the part, some times it is at sharp Corners (stress concentration) before you can conclude if the structure will fail in this case.

also, is that normal that my T profile ,when meshed went round, and not present on the result

I have try with other imported T profile, everything was looking normal

Why it is writen Default as machined

any good site to found more info on analisys

i did write Von Mises analysis because it was the default one

any other analysis is good to have a look for this kind of struture 

T Profile goes round because SW Simulation automatically treats Strucutral members as "Beam Elements" and so they go round, If you "treat" this as "Solid" it will retain it's original shape.

Default machined thing is coming from your model because this is a welded part it has two configurations "As Welded" and "As Machined"

Please look in the help section to understand better on each of the Point.

Good luck.