This is definitely an error and not just a lack of functionality, I wonder if solidworks having issues using VBA could cause this as it's given me issues with equations in the past, I'd suggest trying the fix below.
1) Go to windows ‘Start’ > type cmd
2) RMB on ‘cmd.exe’ > select ‘Run as administrator’
3) In windows explorer Navigate to <SW installation folder>, (where sldworks.exe is contained)
4) Drag and drop ‘sldworks.exe’ in command prompt and type” /regserver”. Typically the command would look like "C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp 2015\SOLIDWORKS\sldworks.exe" /regserver
5) Press ‘Enter’ > this will register ‘sldworks.exe’
6) Reconfirm behaviour."