From what I've found, it is an enhancement request SPR 530043, which you'll want to contact your VAR to attach to the request. Something you could do as a workaround would be to change the arrowhead of the leader to none and manually move the symbol into position; to make future moves 'easier', you could also group the symbols together, mind you that you'll have to ungroup and adjust after the move in most cases.
Thanks for the help.
Removing the arrows seem to greatly improve the look and make for an easier alignment.
The grouping seems to have issues when I move and/or copy so I'm not going to group them.