I'm trying to run a simulation of a propeller (in static condition) with duct in Solidworks 2015 Flow Simulation. The propeller diameter is 300mm and uses a clark y airfoil, it is running at 7000 rpm.
The problems I am having are:
- The propeller wash diverges, it should converge.
- The propeller wash dissipates almost immediately.
- Propeller thrust is higher in the free case than with a duct. From what I understand, theory states that edge effects would be detrimental to the thrust of the free propeller.
- Increasing the domain size
- Running the finest fidelity mesh setting
- Changing the size of the rotating domain
- Adding a small (0.1 m/s) global velocity component in Y (down in the diagram)
Thanks for any help you can provide, I have included a zip file with the parts and how they were setup for flow simulation.
Ducted propeller setup:
Non-ducted propeller setup: