5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 9:50 AM by Yair Singer

adjustable fork for disable people.

Yair Singer

Hi everyone. I'm a student and I'm trying to design a fork for children  with motor disabilities   so they could eat by them self

The plan is to solve few problems:

A) Fixing the fork to the palm without holding.

B) Adjusting the angle of the fork by two axles for better eating motion.    

20151208_151505.jpg

• Re: adjustable fork for disable people.
          Glenn Schroeder

Can you be more specific about your questions?  Do you need help with the design or the modeling?

Yair Singer

Re Glen.

As I wrote I'm planning to design fork.

I have basic idea about how to build the axle around the handle with some  cog-wheel that locked with small screw

but I have no idea how to build the second axle that  changes the angel between the handle and the head of the fork

I need help with the design

. I thought there must be some hand  tool work with the same adjustments so if someone know any existing tool or sketch of it

, it  would be helpfull.

and also I need some help with the modeling (as a bigenner with solid works)/

thanks, yair

Yair Singer

Re Glen.

As I wrote I'm planning to design fork.

I have basic idea about how to build the axle around the handle with some  cog-wheel that locked with small screw

but I have no idea how to build the second axle that  changes the angel between the handle and the head of the fork

I need help with the design

. I thought there must be some hand  tool work with the same adjustments so if someone know any existing tool or sketch of it

, it  would be helpfull.

and also I need some help with the modeling (as a bigenner with solid works)/

Austin Misheal

Hi yair,

If i understood correctly you need to adjust your angle only once for the use of the disable person. If that is the problem I think you should give up the   second axle and build handle with multi angle gripping.you will lower your cost and simplified your solution

About your first axle a think this will help you Hinge Mechanism SolidworksHinge Mechanism Solidworks

I think this will give you good idea about the modeling.

good day austin