if you haven't already tried it this link Re: Toolbox suggests that the KB was an issue. I had a similar experience with 2015 and was unable to resolve either. I have windows 8.1 rather than 7 which maybe the issue, what operating system are you using?
Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it.
I run Win 7 Pro at this time, I did try 10 Pro but this was soon after release and I didn't find it that reliable. So I run 7 and typically SolidWorks has been fine with this OS. The 2015/16 version of Solidworks seems a bit unstable to me, from the install the clash with the security KB file was alarming, especially as the install notes gave a link to a downloadable applet to disable and re-enable the KB file. It worked fine after re-enabling the KB file for about two months, but now this glitch has become inconvenient and heading towards disaster. The CAD side seems fine, its just the simulation element that causes the shutdowns but this is what I use the software for. I have already performed a fresh, system wide reinstall and transferred SW to its own dedicated SSD (partly so its easier to remove once my licence expires). Are you suggesting that I disable the KB file whilst using SW? Would it be worth disconnecting from the internet connection whilst having security files disabled?
I am not exactly an IT tech guru, but engineers do like to play with their machines
- Open task manager (you can right click on the task bar and click task manager)
- Click View, Select Columns.
- Check off GDI Objects and click OK
- Now the task manager will show the current number of GDI Objects being used by each process
- If a part is opened and closed several times the number of GDI objects it uses does not increase. SOLIDWORKS releases all handles every time. The same applies to assemblies as well. The problem is only encountered when a part is open in an assembly and it is opened in its own window and then closed.
I still issue exits that means there is something wrong with your dell device, fix it and analyse it using Dell Precision 690 Manual.