4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 11:06 AM by Amen Allah Jlili

how to register dll ?

Michael Deng

Hi , dear all !

I follow the instructions as the picture shown below and make an installer for a dll, but after I complete the setup , it shows me that the dll did not register when I load it in the SW.

Why the dll have not been registered ? Can any one solve it ?

QQ截图20151219102637.jpg

Thanks a lot !

• Re: how to register dll ?
          Amen Allah Jlili

Are you sure the installer is targeting the right registry node? Could it be the installer be a 32bits app is targeting the Wow6432 node inside a win 64bits?

You need to provide more information about your development environment.

• Re: how to register dll ?
            Leszek Paprota

Hi Michael

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the location of the dll or ocx, or search the system for the file.

2. Open a command prompt by going to Start > Run > type cmd and hit Enter

3. In the command prompt type regsvr32<space>

4. Drag/drop the dll or ocx file from Windows Explorer into the command prompt and hit enter to register the dll or ocx file.

Note that you may not be able to drag and drop the dll/ocx if you have started the command prompt in administrator mode; in this case you will need to manually type the full path to the file.

Example:

regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\mscomct2.ocx"

To unregister a dll or ocx file use the regsvr32 -u command followed by the dll or ocx file.

Hope this helps.

Leszek