1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 4:46 PM by Peter Bergendahl

Hide/change transparancy, but a different part hides/changes transparancy

Jim Exley

After I am working in SW for a while, sometimes half an hour and sometimes a few hours, if I select a part in an assembly and try to hide it or change its transparency, a different part gets hidden or has its transparency changed.

Similarly, shift+C is handy to collapse the feature / assembly tree on the left of the view, but after a while this stops working.

I've not found another solution other than restarting SW.

Anybody have similar experiences?

• Re: Hide/change transparancy, but a different part hides/changes transparancy
          Peter Bergendahl

I have had transparency issues in SW 2015. I would change the transparency of a single face/surface and then not be able to make it opaque again without making the part opaque. I think there are a couple of ways to changing transparency, right click the face or go through the menus and no matter what I tried, it would do funky unexpected stuff.

Sorry, I never found a solution except not to use it and keep my sanity. I guess I might have switched to using the appearance transparency, this way you can set the percentage.