3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 12:14 PM by Glenn Schroeder

solidworks 2016, mirror

Carl Jackson

When mirroring 'extrude up to surface' parts in an assembly, features on the part do not mirror correctly.

• Re: solidworks 2016, mirror
          Glenn Schroeder

Without more information I can only guess, but I'd say it's likely that you're trying to mirror a body, but have Features selected in the function.  See #21 at Frequently Asked Forum Questions .  If that isn't it can you please explain further?

Carl Jackson

Glenn, I created a new part by creating a sketch, and extruding the sketch to the upper and lower surfaces. When I mirror this new part, the part mirrors, but the part's features don't mirror. I'm using SolidWorks 16, sp 1.0. I created a similar assembly using SolidWorks 2015, and it worked fine. Please see attached sketch.

Frame_Spar_Notes.jpg

Glenn Schroeder

Carl Jackson wrote:

I'm using SolidWorks 16, sp 1.0. I created a similar assembly using SolidWorks 2015, and it worked fine. Please see attached sketch.

If you're using the same procedure that you used in SW2015 then I don't know what could be wrong.  Can you post the part here?  I don't have SW2016 downloaded yet, but I'm sure someone else will be glad to take a look.  Click on the text "Use advanced editor" at top right, then there will be a link to attach files at lower right.

Edit:  I just re-read your post.  I had originally assumed that you were mirroring a body in a drawing, but now I see that you're modeling a Part in an Assembly.  I apologize for reading too fast.  If that's the case, and the mirrored Part isn't oriented correctly, then edit the feature, click on the blue arrow at top to go to the next page of the PropertyManager.  You should have a selection of possible orientations at the bottom to choose from.  One of them should be what you need.