1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 12:59 PM by Brady Balzan

Any way to prevent the mouse scroll wheel from affecting the value of a feature?

steve connell

I often do models for injection molded parts that require many fillets.  Ill create a fillet and set the value at say 0.5mm then start clicking other edges to add to the fillet.  As I use the mouser wheel to zoom in and out of the model finding edges to fillet, I often run into the issue of the fillet size going from 0.5 to 10.5 unexpectedly.  For some reason me clicking away in the modeling window causes the radius value field to become active which allows the scroll wheel to change the value.  Is there any way to disable the mouse wheel from affecting things in the PropertyManger window?  

• Re: Any way to prevent the mouse scroll wheel from affecting the value of a feature?
          Brady Balzan

Steve, we have found a work around for this.

Start a sketch,

Draw a line

Dimension line

Place dimension,

When Modify box shows up, click the "reset spin increment button" 2nd from right

Type in 0

Close box

Click on "reset spin increment button" again

select the newly added 0 and check "Make default"

Close box.

This also works on features as well.

This worked for us. Its a typical SW odd quirk.

FYI you can only change this setting if you dim a line, I tried setting this on a diameter dim. and it wouldn't let. me.