**SolidWorks experience is a must have. Please email me your resume to email@example.com for next steps**
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will design and document new innovative products following the development milestones process throughout the product life cycle. The position requires a team-oriented, self starter who is results oriented.
- Deliver new and innovative products to the Ventev portfolio to meet growth goals.
- Decrease the time to market of new products. Use 3D printer, create prototypes by hand. Help bring FEA in house using Solidworks a plus.
- Create products that differentiate Ventev from the competitors to gain market share
- Generate creative and innovative designs to solve unmet customer needs in the market place using proven engineering practices.
- Develop work plans and documentation for all projects and processes to be ISO 9000 compliant.
- Collaborate with Ventev Engineering, Project management, and Product managers to improve product design, quality, bill of materials and sku set up.
- Design with ease of installation in mind as well as aesthetics.
- Build prototypes and work with vendors to generate working models.
- Seek areas for overall cost reduction opportunities as they pertain to product design.
- Own the transition of product from design to manufacturing, create documentation, and ensure quality with our Reno manufacturing team and vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and customer service skills
- Experience troubleshooting manufacturing challenges and related tooling, equipment, or process issues
- Team-oriented, self-starter, very organized and persistent
- Results oriented
- 4 year college degree, BSME
- 10 years experience in design, electrical experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability with Solidworks, experience with sheet metal or FEA a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with the design of plastic components and assemblies.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, writing and customer service skills.
- Self starter that can manage several projects and takes pride in their work.
Timonium, Maryland, United States