2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 9:32 AM by Martin Solem

The latest version of the file is not available on your local archive server.

Dan Schleicher

I work at a company that has 4 servers located across the country. There has several files that either a person cannot open up the solidworks file of any version. How do I found out where the file is located?

• Re: The latest version of the file is not available on your local archive server.
          Charley Saint

Hey Dan,

This query will tell you where the system thinks the file is located (at least the servername)

select filename, archiveservername

from documents d

inner join ArchiveServerStored as1 on d.DocumentID = as1.ArchiveID

inner join ArchiveServers as2 on as2.ArchiveServerID = as1.ArchiveServerID

where d.DocumentID = 440580

• Re: The latest version of the file is not available on your local archive server.
            Martin Solem

If you dont have, or dont want, access to the SQL server, then a glance at the Version tab in Windows Explorer vault view, will tell you a little bit:

This file is replicated to All Servers, while:

this file is missing on Server 2.

I would start troubleshooting with checking that the archive server communication port 3030 is open between all servers.

The automatic replication should take care of this, and if not the "on demand replication" should get the file anyway when trying to access the file.

Either the server-server and/or the client-server cannot communicate, or there is a glitch where the database has registered a new version, but the archive server never actually stored it. (This could happen in 2014 SP0-SP4)

If the file exists on other servers, i'd start with communication issue. Run the test procedure in Replication Settings: