AnsweredAssumed Answered

Spring connectors have two components with different units, how to link both to parameters

Question asked by Eric Gernot on Dec 4, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 by Eric Gernot

Hello,

I am working on a problem that requires a big number of spring connectors (more than 75) connected to a great number of faces. The result is a very slow interface each time I need to edit the definition of a connector, because SW keep refreshing the list of selected faces. I need to change the values of stiffness (in N/m/m²) and preload force (in N/m²) for all, but hopefuly, all share the same values, only difference is the set of faces to which they apply.

Is there a way to edit these values without opening each spring connector's property manager ?

I wanted to link each to a parameter, but SW 2015 won't link two parameters with different units to the same connector ? How this is possible ?

In the parameter dialog box, my fist parameter is correctly linked to Normal stiffness.

When I try to link the second parameter to preload force, a link to Normal stiffness is already created and I can't remove it ? Thus it is not possible to link the second parameter to preload.

Please help !

Thank you very much.

Outcomes