Only and If only I understood you correctly, this would solve your question:
You actually don't need a macro to achieve 1st and 2nd. If what you want to achieve is changing the custom properties (shop order and revision in your case) of a part or an assembly from a drawing file, simply do the following (Assumingly, your part/assembly have the custom props already):
- Insert a BOM in the drawing sheet.
- Add the columns of the shop order and the revision to the BOM.
- Change cell values of shop order and revision. The properties will automatically change inside the part or assembly (As illustrated in the image below)
- Check the assembly or part properties and you'll see that the props have changed.
- Save the BOM template for later use.
Based on this method, a macro that takes the order and revision values off this BOM and saves them a database (Access for instance) would be a great to track the order numbers!