1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 1:25 PM by Jeff Mirisola

How to find a SOLIDWORKS User Group in my area?

Sarah Dwight

I am finding it difficult to find accurate information about SWUG's in my area.

I select the "Join Groups" icon on the SW Home screen, followed the steps, and it is apparent that the only group by me, SCNJ-SWUG, is non-active and only has 5 members(myself included). Bummer. So I joined the NYC-SWUG because it is sort-of close by and there are more people, but there is nothing on their event calendar either.

But I also tried another way to find a SWUG by selecting the SWUGN link on the map page.

Which took me to the SWUGN.org webpage... is SWUGN a separate entity?? YES.

So I select the "Find a Group" link. Which took me to a different map... that told me there were a bunch of groups in my area, 3 of which are in NJ!

... but they all lack anything else besides a main contact.

All of which I contact and the only one to reply is CNJ-SWUG... which is not on the SW site. Their next meeting is in February.

So I checked out SWUG-NYC and they are having a meeting on 12/09/15. I had no idea!

Why doesn't the SW and SWUGN website information coincide?

How do I get updated information about meetings and such?

• Re: How to find a SOLIDWORKS User Group in my area?
          Jeff Mirisola

Sarah,

I'm surprised that you haven't heard back from from two of the three user group leaders that you contacted. We tend to be a diligent bunch when it comes responding to requests for information. I'd be willing to bet that you'll hear back from them soon...

Once you're on a user group's mailing list, you'll be notified when a meeting is coming up. Some groups meet monthly, others every other month, others, like mine, meet on a quarterly basis.

The man with all the answers is Richard Doyle. Now that he's been tagged, I'm sure he'll improve upon what I've said.