2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 9:49 AM by Brian Long

REMOVE AND RE-ADD LOCAL VAULT VIEW

Brian Long

I am in the process of re-organizing our vault folder structure and when I move a folder under another folder or rename a folder, the original folder stays and is now grey. Instead of having everyone go through the painful task of personally going through the folder structure to delete the old folder remnants, I would like to have a batch file that will remove the local vault view and add it back. This will completely clean out the client computers, I am aware of that. I am also aware that if they don't have everything checked in, they will lose data. I am not concerned about this. The ones that will use this said batch file will be those with read-only access. I have confidence that those that modify files in the vault are able to do this manually.

I am not sure if this can even be done. Maybe instead of a batch file, a windows macro could be created. I just really don't know.

• Re: REMOVE AND RE-ADD LOCAL VAULT VIEW
          Derek Lawson

Hey Brian,

On a machine that does not have a local vault view, you can create a .CVS files. This is a file that will set up a local vault view for a specified vault on a specific archive server for you automatically, kind of like an MSI file. You can create this CVS files by running the View Setup application and adding the "/a" key at the end. Check out page 81 of the EPDM administration guide. With that created, you can create a batch file that will manually uninstall the local vault view and then call that CVS file to re-install it. The batch file will have to go through the manual uninstall process which is laid out pretty well in this post; Delete Local Archive. So have the batch file run through the process and either delete or rename the folder, your preference, and then call out the CVS file to install the vault view again. You will probably need a different CVS file for each archive server, so you'll need either a separate batch file calling out each one or include some of the logic in there.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Derek M. Lawson