7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 8:36 AM by Mark Barltrop

Another Intellimouse Question

Just installed a 5 button optical intellimouse, and now cannot get SW (2006) to recognize the middle (wheel) button click for dynamic rotation. "Spinning" the scroll wheel zooms in and out just fine, but "clicking" the scroll button does nothing. I have gone into the mouse software and made changes from the default when running SW. I have tried the settings "disable" and "middle click", to no avail. I have even remapped the button to a keystroke which I set up in SW for rotate. It doesn't even see this.

I am using Intellipoint V5.5 mouse software.

I have used this same mouse on other systems with SW, and it works just fine for the rotate function. What am I missing???????
        • Another Intellimouse Question
          Well I finally upgraded the mouse to the Logitech G5 Laser Mouse. I downloaded the latest drivers from the logitech site, setpoint 3.10_x64. It still doesn't work correctly. This now definitely tells me that Solidworks has to be the culprit. I have had to assign the buttons to keystrokes to get the rotation I need.
          It all worked in XP 32 bit. But when I went to XP 64 bit the problems started. Whether it is Solidworks 2005 or 2007. Same issues.
            It's a little confusing. I use the same mouse with the same version of Intellipoint on another computer, and it works just fine.
              I had the same problem when using new versions of Intellimouse....the new drivers eliminated the little wizard that fixed your problem. I finally quit using MS mouses and switched to Logitech. I'll never buy another MS mouse.
                I just stumbled upon the answer to my own question, so I thought I would share it for others to use. In the Intellipoint mouse setup, set the middle mouse button to "autoscroll." (It was set to "next page" as the default.) Do this in the normal mouse control settings, not in the Program Specific Settings. Now it works for dynamic rotation just fine.
                  I've used a number of Logitech mice over the years, last time the Mouseman Dual Optical with the Mouseman driver and now the MX 400 with Setpoint - all of them support the middle button function and no problem with rotation.
                  Microsof mouse is just not 'on'.
                  John

on 2006 3 12:31 Kirk Jess wrote:
                  > So which Logitech mouse did you switch to?? I am running Windows XP 64 Pro and have the
                  > Logitech mx 310 mouse. Still am unable to use the middle button to rotate. I even
                  > downloaded the SetPoint Drivers from Logitech. It found the right mouse but the middle
                  > wheel used as a button still doesn't work.
                    So which Logitech mouse did you switch to?? I am running Windows XP 64 Pro and have the Logitech mx 310 mouse. Still am unable to use the middle button to rotate. I even downloaded the SetPoint Drivers from Logitech. It found the right mouse but the middle wheel used as a button still doesn't work.