3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2015 6:42 AM by John Stoltzfus

BOM Categorizing

Mohamed Zein

Good morning

Need your advice how to create BOM tables in a different templates so once inserting hardware BOM table all hardware only will be included and same for fabrication parts and accessories.

What I am doing now is defining each components with a custom property "hardware, fabricated &accessories" and inserting all in the same BOM table then sorting using this property and splitting, I think another better way should be

Regards.

• Re: BOM Categorizing
          John Stoltzfus

I use 3 different bom's -

What you can do is take your "Master BOM" and add or delete columns then save the BOM format, called Hardware, Fabricated or Accessories, etc.

Scott Harvey

John, maybe stupid question but how then do you get just the hardware to propagate into the BOM?  I feel like I missed a new feature.  I am manually "excluding from bom" with different configurations.

John Stoltzfus

I did forget to add in my other message - After you create new Custom Properties -

"Then - create a macro to pull only those components that have a certain Custom Properties"  In his case he would need three.

If you would like to compile it with a BOM then save as an excel file, then you could open and use excel to sort and save it as different documents, what I wouldn't like about that is there are no automatic updates..