have the same problem, I had it on S.W 2015 and still have it in 2016 (through all service packs up to SP 5.0). It is just pure frustration.
“This issue has been known to appear in system environments where the model files are located on a network drive along with the result folder for the Simulation study. Another possibility is that the length of the path to the SOLIDWORKS Simulation results folder is very long or perhaps contains non-English characters. Please try the following steps:
1) Move model files to local hard drive, for instance C:\Models
2) Launch SOLIDWORKS and make sure only Simulation add-in is enabled (nothing else)
3) Change the result folder in study properties to a subfolder within the folder where model files are on local hard drive, for instance C:\Models\Results - say NO if asked whether you want to copy result files
4) Delete any existing CWR files in the new result folder (there shouldn't be any unless you clicked YES to a question about copying result files during step 3)
5) Try meshing and running
If the above steps do not help, try the following:
6) With SOLIDWORKS closed, rename HKCU\Software\SRAC and HKCU\Software\SolidWorks
7) Perform System Maintenance using the Rx tool. Make sure the "Clean the Windows temp directory" option is enabled”
I think it will happen in 2017.
There must be an option Load simulation results.
Last two years, i created enhancements request for load simulation results like flow simulation.
Sometimes it happens.