2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 5:38 PM by Prasad Bhonsule

EPDM files never checked in, possible to recover?

Ian Walsh

I had a user leave my company, who apparently didn't check in some things he was working on - files that were never checked in. I have the computer, and have admin access to it and the vaults.

Ultimately I'm trying to get these files checked in so that the people working on that project can work on them, this has to be possible somehow, right? Related question: how are files stored when they are saved in a local vault view folder but never checked in?

thanks for any help you can offer

• Re: EPDM files never checked in, possible to recover?
          Michael Dekoning

If the files were never checked in they only exist on the user's computer hard drive.

If you can log in to the vault as the user then you can check the files in as if you are them. If not then your admin should help you get a copy of the files from the user's computer and undo the check out. You can then check out the files and copy the files from the user's computer and replace them.

• Re: EPDM files never checked in, possible to recover?
            Prasad Bhonsule

Hi Ian, as Michael says, if the files were never checked in, they only exist in that user's local view.

If you can access that users computer, and log in to the vault view as Admin, then you can check the files in, and preserve the changes the user made locally.

Otherwise, you should be able to log into any vault view as Admin, and you will see the files as <Private> or <Local>, you can do a Undo Checkout, however since the files were NEVER checked in, I'm not sure of what the effect will be.

Kind regards,

Prasad