AnsweredAssumed Answered

Roll back assembly?

Question asked by John Wayman on Nov 2, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2015 by John Wayman

Good afternoon,

Is it possible to Roll-Back an assembly? I know you can in a part, but when I try in an assembly, I can grab the little blue bar in the Model Tree, but it will not drag up the tree.

It would be very useful to do so at times.

For example, sometimes, a mate gets messed up in a part, for whatever reason. If I could roll back the assembly to the point when the affected part was assembled, I could readily identify which of the (usually 3) mates is broken and fix it. Then I could roll the assembly forward and everything would be in order. Currently, if a mate is messed up, a large proportion of the model tree goes a strange colour and when I open the earliest affected part to fix it, I see a long list of mates, most of them in the wrong colour. I can't even rely on the first 3, defining mates for that part being the first 3 in the list. It could be any of them.

I suppose what I really want is to be able to differentiate between 'Defining' Mates (those that define the position of the part) and 'Defined by' Mates (those that define the position of subsequent parts relative to the affected part).

I expect there is a way, but I don't know it.

Any suggestions, please?

SW2014, SP5

Thanks,

John

Outcomes