1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 6:20 AM by Brandon Fall

Developing Solidworks add-in for use with hololens?

Brandon Fall

Hi all,

with the developers release of hololens coming around the corner I was curious as how developers would be able to create something to interface between solidworks and the hololens as seen in the videos on the HoloLens site. It looks like dassault systemes is partnered with hololens so the compatibility will be coming sooner or later (I hope). So my big question is will the developers being making the apps using ISwaddin developer interface, making it on the hololens SDK when that is released or a combination of both? Or is this something that dassault systemes themselves will have to develop?

This is something I'm really interested in so any help would be insight would be much appreciated! I am a recent graduate with a masters in mechanical engineering with currently a lot of free time on my hands so if this is something that can be created by developers I thought it might be fun to take the time to learn how to create such an app before the SDK is released and try to make something that interfaces these two things even if it might not be all that great,

Thanks for taking a moment of your time and looking forward to what you guys have to say.

Brandon