AnsweredAssumed Answered

2008 CMD line/automated deployment failing

Question asked by Joe Grantham on Sep 12, 2007
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2007 by Bob Anderson
Hi,
I downloaded the 2008 files and was getting my automated installscripts, files, etc all ready to go so we can be prepared when thefull release comes out.

When I use the new 'Installation Manger', manually run the MSI,manually run swsetup it works fine.  It fails when I usemy .ini file and the swsetup.exe.  It fails when I use the MSIwith the appropriate switches.

I cannot figure out what makes the Ageia stuff install, I'vecracked open the MSI and tried the various other features that areshown, such as Intel_Modules,Intel_Modules_Ageia with no luck.

The administrative guides still show my methods as acceptable.

Here is my ini file and the respective switches on the MSIfile.

[Destination Folder Section]
INSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\
TOOLBOXFOLDER=\\server\vol\SolidWorks\Toolbox
[Upgrade Section]
UPGRADESWINSTALL=0
SWSPUPGRADE=0
MIGRATE="SolidWorks 2007 SP04"
[Office Option Section]
OFFICEOPTION=3
[Security Section]
SOLIDWORKSSERIALNUMBER=0000 0000 0000 0000
[Properties Section]
DONGLEDRIVER=0ENABLEPERFORMANCE=0INSTALLWDS=1
[Features Section]
ADDLOCAL=English,Manuals,SolidWorks,AddIns,SupportedLanguages,FeatureWorks,InstantWebsite,PhotoWorksRender,ScanTo3D,SolidWorksAnimator,SolidWorksDesignChecker,SolidWorksRoutedsystems,SolidWorksTaskScheduler,SolidWorksToolbox,SolidWorksUtilities,TolAnalyst,Intel_VBA_English,Intel_VBA_Common,Intel_Modules,Intel_Modules_Ageia,RealViewGraphicsdisplay,XchangeWorks,BlueBeam,ExampleFiles,HelpFiles,SampleFiles
[SNL Section]
SERVERLIST=25734@server
[Extra Options Section]
ADMINMSIPATH=C:\PATH\English_i386_SolidWorks.Msi
REGPATH=C:\PATH\SWoptions.reg

Is my only option to now, use the XML and run this below line thatcame out of the HTM file?  sldIM.exe"" /adminclient/new /source ""C:\PATH\AdminDirector.xml

So tell me where I'm going wrong, or have I found a bug? Iappreciate any input.  Thanks Joey

Attachments

Outcomes