AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strange issue of old deleted feature(s) reappearing in part after Pack and Go.

Question asked by David Tooke on Oct 29, 2015

I have a very strange issue that I just encountered. I use SW15 at work, and in collaboration with a handful of other people we are using it to design a product. When I begin working on something handed off from another employee the last thing they do and first thing I do is make a Pack and Go of the part/assembly to make all the references all inclusive to the folder the part/assembly is placed in. This is especially important because we are also coordinating with someone remotely via dropbox, so we don't want any files to try to reference things not in the folder being handed off.

Among the issues we've encountered during this large hand-off process, one of the most confusing is a recently encountered issue of phantom features. That's what i like to call it, anyway. Basically when i made my most recent pack and go of a single part somehow some old holes (created via hole wizard) which were previously deleted (approx. >1 year ago) reappeared in the part as a suppressed feature.

When looking at the original the PandG was made from, these holes do not appear, suppressed or otherwise. After making another pack and go they were not in the new pack and go. I am at a loss as to how they appeared, and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if anyone might have insight as to why it happened.

Outcomes