AnsweredAssumed Answered

Saved Cut List items... eliminating external links?

Question asked by Justin Lee on Oct 28, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2015 by Deepak Gupta

Howdy,

I'm often using weldment / structural member profiles to draw up bent tube structures.   I name all the bodies in the cutlist i then use the "Save Bodies" option from the Cut List (rt click) context menu.

In the save bodies dialog  I tell SW to create a new assembly from the cutlist items, and save each body out as its own part file.  So I end up with the individual part files for each original body, and an assembly file where they all live together in harmony.

It seems like at this point I should be able to remove the original multi-body part file, but the new parts are externally linked (split body) to the multi-body part where the cutlist originated.

The new split body parts don't bring in all the features that made up that body originally. Rather, the new parts just show a split body feature that I can right click on and "edit in context" to open the original multi-body part file.

Maybe there is no good way to preserve the newly saved part files without also preserving the external links and the original multi-body file... Not seeing anything in the documentation or here on the forum.

Can anyone lend me some guidance in eliminating external links and the original multi-body part files when saving bodies from cut lists?

OR can anyone tell me conclusively that I do need to keep the external links and original multi-body part files.

Thanks in advance

Outcomes