4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 6:37 AM by Guillaume Meurisse

Duplication of a pattern on a track problem

Guillaume Meurisse

Hello,

I would like to duplicate the following pattern over the whole track but I don't know how to do that easily ? I have tried with the curve option repetition but it doesn't work.

I have joined the solidworks part. I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance,

Guillaume.

• Re: Duplication of a pattern on a track problem
          Glenn Schroeder

Hello,

I took a look at your model, and I'm afraid I didn't have much luck.  However, I can give you a couple of small pointers.  To start with, to pattern your Boss-Extrude7 you need to edit the feature and uncheck the box for "Merge result".  That will keep it as a distinct body instead of merging it with the rest of the Part.  Second, when you create a pattern of it, "Features and Faces" to pattern will be checked by default.  Uncheck it and select "Bodies to Pattern" instead.  You'll get better results.  Anyway, below is the result I got after doing those two things, and using your Sketch16 for a Sketch Pattern.  I'm sure this isn't what you want, but I rarely use that feature.  Hopefully someone else will take a look and be more help.

• Re: Duplication of a pattern on a track problem
              Guillaume Meurisse

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. When I try to do the same procedure as you describe, I get the following error message : «all segments of the profile must be tangential and must belong to one edge»

How can I get rid of this ?

And indeed, I would like that the orientation of the pattern changes with the curve. Anyone else has an idea about this ? I think that it's not an easy thing to do with Solidworks, right ?

Guillaume.