2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2007 8:52 PM by Richard Larder

Number of Element Nodes is Greater than Allowed

Peter Gillespie
      This is a new error message for me, and I'm not sure what's going on. The model is larger than typical, but not too much, and even if I cut the number of nodes in half, it still gives me the error.
        • Number of Element Nodes is Greater than Allowed
          Peter Gillespie
          I would still be interested in a response, but after playing with the model some more, and updating all components a few times, it worked. But like I said, it would be nice to know why that message came up.
            • Number of Element Nodes is Greater than Allowed
              Richard Larder
              Peter,

I have received this message also and I think that it comes fromthe Star.exe solver and it literally means that the element listedhas more nodes than the element group allows.  This can happenwhen you are using both shell and solid elements in a mixed meshmodel, and the components of an assembly are changed inS/W without updating the description in CosmosWorks.  Ihave also had it when I didn't have a mixed mesh and the databasein C/W got corrupted.  If you have Adv.. Professional and canexport the database to Geostar you can list the element and checkthe element group specification.  The bottom line is that italways pays to update the components in C/W whenever you make achange in S/W..

Dick Larder