AnsweredAssumed Answered

Set Configuration of Part for All Configurations of Parent Assembly

Question asked by John Alexander on Oct 23, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 by Leonardo Pinhel

I'm not sure if there is a way of doing this outside of the API. This is a tool that I am considering developing but wanted to check if anyone has any non-macro solutions before I start on it.

The problem is as follows: I have a library fastener with several configurations defining the length of the fastener. I insert this part into an assembly that has several configurations. After inserting the fastener, I realize that it needs to be a different length. I open the fastener's Component Properties, select the configuration that I would like to change it to and apply - but neglect to select "all configurations" in the dropdown menu. By default, I've changed the fastener in only the current configuration of the parent assembly.

Imagine I've done this 30+ times for fasteners of several different lengths. I want to be able to select all of the fasteners and apply their current configuration to "all configurations" of the active document. The only option that I am aware of is to select each fastener individually, open the Component Properties menu, and select "all configurations" in the dropdown menu. I cant' select all of the fasteners because they do not have common configurations.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

John Alexander

Outcomes