1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2015 4:46 AM by Faur Arama

Projects (folders and sub fodlers) in Vault

Christian Chu

In workgroup PDM Vault, I created projects (folders and sub folders) to categorize the documents; however, I created only one local working folder.

With this setup, I don't have to worry about duplicating file names while creating a new part and saving it in the local working folder.   I have option to select a project in Vault while checking in the part

in ePDM, local working folder is a mirror of the actual Vault so it's included all Vault's projects (folders) and it's kind of confusing to select a project to save a new part

I'm a newbie to ePDM, so please be patient and explain how this works

thanks

• Re: Projects (folders and sub fodlers) in Vault
          Faur Arama

Cris,

What do you mean by selecting a project to save a new part?

In epdm Data base server shows to every user an image of all folders an files from a vault. When a user get a version of any file from vault the project folder, where this file reside, is created also on his workstation.

So, you must understand the project folder as an usual local folder and you can create any numbers o files. Those files reside only on your workstation till first checkin. On checkin epdm creates a copy of the file on archive server (version 1).

If you set condition for "Do not allow duplicate for this file extension", and file already exists in vault, epdm warns you about it.