5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 11:12 AM by Peter De Vlieger

SW 2016 Recent Files

Mark Kaiser

I guess this is my most frequent gripe with SW 16. 

The files pull down recent files list, has moved so it is not at the bottom of the pull down menu anymore.  You have to pop it out sideways.  One extra move for me.  I will retrain myself, but my old habit is hard to break.

Think there is a shortcut key or something for recent files, but I was amazingly fast and productive my old way.

• Re: SW 2016 Recent Files
          Tom Spine

Yes, we moved the recent document list to a sub-menu on the File menu because of menu length considerations.

But try the R key shortcut, which brings up the Recent Documents dialog. Super fast, and easy to remember, too, R for Recent.

Tom Spine

SOLIDWORKS User Experience Design

Mark Kaiser

Have not tried R, will do.

I did not mind the long list, whatever I wanted was always near the top

Peter De Vlieger

Yes, we moved the recent document list to a sub-menu on the File menu because of menu length considerations.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds as if due to the UI taking up more room (more empty space) the pull downs becomes longer and this is then combated not by taking away the empty space but by adding a fold out. In other words making it so that the user has more actions to preform just because of a purdy User Interface?

The mind boggles.

Is it just me or should In general an improved UI mean that it makes things easier, quicker, ergonomic and economical.