2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 3:01 AM by Jelmer Stegenga

What service pack is the student edition 2015 in connection to compatiblity with windows 10?

Jelmer Stegenga

I read the article on the javelin website, it didn't mention the student edition. I did the KB3072630 thing with disabling and enabling it (don't know how to explain it). I can open SW and it looks like I can work in it, but there are several add-ins not working (i.e. simulation).

I use windows 10 (64bit), I like it and if it's remotely possible I don't want to switch back to 8.1 for SW...

Is there a solution or a work around for this problem? If there are questions about mine, then I can try to answer them.

Thanks in advance,

Jelmer

• Re: What service pack is the student edition 2015 in connection to compatiblity with windows 10?
          Donald Bitely

I believe it's sp2.1. (at work now)  Did you check in help/about?

I don't think SWx 2015 is supported officially until sp5.

Had the same problem ( student version) with the add-ins on win 7.

After doing all the fixes, uninstalling and reinstalling, still no add-ins.

Had to uninstall, clean out the registry, reinstall and Bingo!

Good Luck - Donald

• Re: What service pack is the student edition 2015 in connection to compatiblity with windows 10?
              Jelmer Stegenga

Ok, thanks for your answer!

I thought I did check the version and the about-section and just couldn't find the SP at first. I tried again, but to no avail, I can't find it... But I believe your SP2, sounds probable. And I understand that the not appearing simulations is not necessarily a win10 problem, right? The rest seems to be working for now, so maybe the student SP is not completely breaking SW on win10. I haven't tried everything so I will see when I need it more.

I will try your steps for the add-in problems. I'm not really sure what you mean by cleaning out the registry, but google is my friend (sometimes...). The add-ins are nearly always a problem in my surroundings, unfortunately...

Thanks again,

Jelmer

Edit/Update: It's working. Tried a registry clean up (at least I think I did, with ccleaner). I disabled the kb-update, remove/reinstalled SW, then I enabled the kb again. I'm started it in compatibility-mode (win8) and it looks like it's working. Thanks!